Before we’re able to confirm your subscription, our team will carry out some essential checks on your profile. This is designed to confirm your identity, and to ensure you’re suitable for a Driver 1 subscription. Our team aim to complete your approval within 24 hours.
What checks do we carry out?
We carry out an identity check, a check on your driving history, and a soft credit search - none of which will affect your credit score. In some cases we may request additional documentation such as proof of address or identity.
This information will only be used to determine whether you can take out a car subscription - none of this information will be shared with any third parties. There are also a few criteria you have to meet to take out a car subscription with Driver 1 - this is so that all of our subscriptions run smoothly.
- Be at least 17 years of age
- Hold a UK driving licence. Full or provisional licences are accepted as we also want to help learner drivers.
- Have no more than 6 points on your licence
- Have no major driving convictions in the last 3 years (DVLA offence codes IN, CD, DR, DD, UT, TT, AC and BA)
- Not have been disqualified from driving in the last 5 years
What happens once you’re approved?
We run some data analytics to determine eligibility and show you a range of cars that you are eligible based on monthly payments that could work for you. Driver 1 is not a bank. We're not lending you any money. We're simply checking your ability to make your payment each month.
Then you're good to go and reserve your car !
Have any questions or concerns about the approval process? Please contact us via the chat function on our website and we'll be happy to help.